Live with gratitude
Live with gratitude and single parenting
The word gratitude is so much underrated for the reason that it is so easy not to be grateful and just complain about injustices, unfairness and even more.
My life changed for the better when I made the decision to live a life based on gratitude (made popular by Oprah’s gratitude journal)
The life of a single parent sets you up to loads of criticism by people who seems to know it all and you can as a result start to feel like a failure and also a victim.
You can end up only seeing the bad and most certainly the ugly side of struggling financially, emotionally and physical.
It is then that you should take a step back and start writing down the things you are grateful for.
I might not be rich in money but I am blessed beyond with so many things to be grateful for.
I am above all grateful to have a Mother who raised three daughters on her own with a very limited income.
She was and still is our rock.
She turned 82 in 2019.
My Mother and Grandma instilled in us respect for people of all races and nationalities and took us to people less fortunate than us and taught us about humanity.
I am grateful to have had a Father for 5 years (he passed away) who taught me folk dancing and sang to us:
What a friend we have in Jesus
My Gratitude list
- Gratitude for a roof over my head and food to eat.
- I am grateful that I can see, smell, taste, feel and hear.
- The sound of silence that holds me tight when I’m anxious and emotional.
- I am grateful to have my animals ( a dog Millie and a cat Strawberry) who are my constant companions
- Gratitude for the privilege to have loved and have married a wonderful man and also be a wife until his untimely death 8 years later.
- I am grateful to have experienced Motherhood and as a result given birth to 2 daughters.
- Gratitude in abundance to have two grandchildren who gives hugs and kisses and makes me laugh
- I am grateful for flowers blossoming through the paving on the sidewalk
- My two sisters who together with my Mother are my biggest support team
- I am grateful for my 9th grade typing teacher Mr Strauss who uplifted me and made me feel that I okay