Qualifications to become President of a country
Qualifications to become President of a country must be top level or so I thought. It is after all the most important job in the country. You would think that such an important job will need exceptional high qualifications. Well, not really.
It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership. Nelson Mandela
Qualifications to become President
There are not lots of qualifications to become president of a country – a job at your local fish and chips shop needs more.
- You have to be a human being
- Have a good speaking voice that will have people hang onto every word you say
If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost. Barack Obama
- You must have a good slogan with merchandise to support it
- To be president you need an audience and lots of fans
- There are no weight requirements
- No previous experience needed
Questionable People who became President or leader of their Country
When looking at some leaders through the years, we can very well ask how on earth did these people get the top job? These are just a few of questionable leaders that failed as leaders of their countries.
- Adolf Hitler the leader of Germany and the Nazi party that killed millions of Jews during WW2
- Jacob Zuma President of South Africa – his legacy is that of corruption and state capture with the Gupta brothers.
- Idi Amin – Uganda : Considered one of the most brutal despots in modern world history
- Donald Trump President of the USA whose legacy is that of the Jan 6 insurrection
- Hendrik Verwoerd – President of South Africa and one of the founders of Apartheid
Vote for the man who promises least; he’ll be the least disappointing. Bernard Baruch