Tips to start and end your day with success
We all strive to be successful at something and then forget that daily success is above all at our fingertips.
“Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” – Swami Sivananda
The definition of success
When I was younger I used to think of success as having tons of money in the bank, driving the best car, being a CEO and felt like a failure when as a result I couldn’t reach these goals.
It was only later in my life that I realized that we certainly can find success in small things . When I was diagnosed with Achalasia ( a swallowing disorder) I couldn’t even get liquids down my esophagus. After surgery the Doctor handed me a glass of water and told me to take a sip and for the first time in a year it went down without a struggle .
SUCCESS! It was the greatest feeling in the world.
Every day I experience success and this is how I do it –
My top 10 tips for daily success:
- I make my bed first thing in the morning – 1st success of the day
- I pray and read from my spiritual/religious diary – 2nd success of the day
- I meditate for at least 5 minutes with deep breathing – 3rd success of the day
- I take Millie my dog for a walk – 4th success of the day
- I do Taichi while I wait for my tea to brew – 5th success of the day
- I help out in my community during the day without pay – 6th success of the day
- I take care of my health and well being – 7th success of the day
- I plan my day with a Bullet Journal and keep track of my progress – 8th success of the day
- In the evening I write about my day – 9th success of the day
- I say thank you (Gratitude) for at least 5 things every evening – 10th success of the day
Everybody can be successful because there are so many little things that we can achieve. There are therefore something for everyone.
Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.- Dwayne Johnson