Tips to stay positive
Tips to stay positive in the crazy world we live in. Negativity will get us nowhere. We need to keep our minds positive. Many books have been written about Positive thinking and the benefits of doing so. While I am not a Psychologist and do not have a degree, my experience with changing to positive thinking might be of some help to others.
Negativity will get us nowhere
It is easy to stay in the dark black hole of negative thoughts. However when you stay in that hole too long, you might just drown in your own negativity. Some people feed off these negative thoughts and continue to stay a victim. There is a way out though – positive thinking.
While I do not have Phycology degrees or anything like that, I do have first-hand experience of how our way of thinking effect our minds, bodies and those around us. People do not like to be around those who cannot see the bright light at the end of the tunnel. I personally went to and lived in that rabbit hole until I realised that in order for me to live a better life, I needed to find the light and live under the light. It does not mean that you will never again have negative thoughts. It just means that you choose to always find the light in the darkness no matter what the circumstances. So without further due, here are a few ways to stay positive.
Tips to stay positive
- Make a decision to be optimistic
- Go for daily walks on your own – without listening to music. Just take in the sounds and beauty of nature
- Read books on positive thinking for example: The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale, How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie and Humankind: Changing the World One Small Act At a Time by Brad Aronson
- Read or watch something positive before going to sleep
- Whenever a negative thought comes into your mind say out loud: I will not fall into negativity. I made a choice to be optimistic
- Take up Gardening even if it is just to plant Parsley in your window sill and watch it grow
- Surround yourself with positive people – negative people pull us down
- First thing in the morning – make your bed – your first success for the day
- Second thing to do in the morning – look in the mirror and smile – say Good morning to yourself
- Keep a Gratitude journal and write down 3 things that you are grateful for – do it at the end of the day
Smile and have a wonderful day!